PART-TIME DELIVERY DRIVERS
We are currently looking for delivery drivers. One to work out of the Sheboygan location and the other to work out of the West Bend location. This person will be working one day a week and covering for vacations.
If you know of someone that is interested in a part-time delivery job, have them contact Jack Huenink at email@example.com for more details.
Bookmobile Library Assistant/Driver
The Monarch Library System is seeking a part-time (30 hrs/week) Bookmobile Library Assistant to assist in the operation of the bookmobile to rural residents of Sheboygan and Ozaukee counties. Under the direction of the Manager of Bookmobile Services, this position works closely with the bookmobile staff and requires a strong customer service mindset. Ideal candidates will have a personal interest in reading, familiarity with various genres and popular authors, an interest in working with bookmobile library patrons of all ages, a current CDL driver’s license or the ability to get one within 3 months (training provided), and a passion for helping others. The position is based in Sheboygan, WI.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Drive the bookmobile to specified locations on a predetermined schedule.
- Circulate bookmobile materials using a computer and specialized library software.
- Issue library cards and process patron holds and requests.
- Assist bookmobile customers with questions and information requests.
- Sort, shelve, and withdraw materials according to library procedure.
- Assist the public in using computers, equipment, the library catalog, and electronic resources.
- Assist with programming and other outreach efforts.
- Create book lists, displays and other materials that encourage the use of bookmobile resources.
- Work with Bookmobile staff to develop a positive, collaborative, and strong bookmobile services team.
- Communicate with Bookmobile manager and make recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Maintain safe driving record.
- Ensure safety of patrons approaching and boarding the bookmobile.
- Follow library and bookmobile policies and procedures.
- Handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; use good judgment to resolve issues effectively.
- Manage Bookmobile social media accounts.
Necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Pleasant and courteous manner in dealing with staff and public.
- Tactful, respect confidentiality and address situations with sensitivity and consideration of others.
- Accurate, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- A self-starter and self-motivated to work independently and in a team.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional and ability to demonstrate good judgement.
- Ability to lift, move and rearrange items located in the bookmobile, as well as boxes or books weighing up to 40 lbs. and lift volumes up to 15 lbs. each.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer applications
- Commercial Driver’s License or willingness to apply for one within first 3 months
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and excellent driving record
Salary and Benefits: Starting pay $15.50 per hour. Excellent benefits include pro-rated vacation & sick time, 14 pro-rated paid holidays, Wisconsin retirement, life insurance, flexible spending account, and income continuation.
Submit a resume and cover letter attn: Lisa Haartman, Monarch Library System, 4632 South Taylor Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled
Monarch Library System
Administrative and Accounting Assistant
Purpose of Position:
Provides direct implementation of essential policies and procedures relative to Monarch Library System’s fiscal activities and assists the Director with the maintenance of all human resources functions and requirements. Serves as confidential secretary to the Director.
Classification: Full-time employee
Reports to: Director
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Under the general supervision of the MLS Director:
As MLS Business Coordinator: implements and/or directly participates in the following: development and administration of fiscal policies and procedures; execution of accounts payable and receivable functions; maintenance of account ledgers and preparation of budget, audit and financial documentation and reports. Implements E-rate program requirements. Manages grant fund requirements. Performs all bank account management functions.
As Director’s Personnel Assistant: maintains confidential personnel records; administers employee recruitment and probationary process; prepares and submits necessary reports to the required agencies and monitors overall compliance with employer standards. Provides and implements payroll functions and administration of employee benefits. Maintains contacts with employee benefits vendors.
As Confidential Secretary to the Director: provides monthly financial report and posts agenda, takes Board/Committee minutes; coordinates meeting arrangements and seeks quorum status. Utilizes state standards for document retention and disposal on a regular basis.
As Delivery Coordinator: serves as point of first contact for questions or issues regarding system-wide delivery of materials between member libraries. Oversees delivery drivers and implements driver-schedules.
May represent MLS at state or local meetings, including the System Office Managers and Bookkeepers Association of WI (SOMBAW). In the absence of the Director, serves as part of the Lead Management Team.
Other duties as assigned.
- Three years minimum of progressively advanced administrative, clerical, supervisory, and/or management experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Coursework in business administration and/or accounting
- Public library association and/or experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required for Position:
- Ability to interpret numeric data, analyze information, evaluate policies and procedures, and prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations
- Ability to hold in confidence information relating to fiscal and personnel matters
- Familiarity with the QuickBooks accounting software
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel)
- Ability to assist with the hiring, training, supervising, and discipline of employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library trustees, staff, business contacts, and the general public
- Ability to understand, develop, interpret, and enforce Monarch Library System policies and procedures and to make recommendations relative to the improvement of same
- General familiarity with public library issues, technologies, methodologies, policies, and procedures preferred
- Willingness to develop and maintain skills in the above-mentioned areas through appropriate in-service and continuing education.
- Analytical Skills – Identify problems and opportunities; review possible alternative courses of action before selecting one; utilize information and resources available when making decisions
- Problem Solving Skills – Develop feasible, realistic solutions to problems; recommend actions designed to prevent problems from occurring; and refer problems to appropriate staff or non-staff person
- Time Management – Set priorities in order to meet assignment deadlines
- Ability to Work Flexible Hours – Evening and weekend hours if necessary
Physical Demands of Position:
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, and stooping
- Bending/twisting and reaching
- Talking and hearing; use of the telephone
- Far vision at 20 feet or further, and near vision of 20 inches or less
- Lifting, carrying – 30 pounds or less
- Handling, picking up, and moving items and book bins
- Typing, writing, filing, and sorting
- Pushing, pulling – objects weighing 60-80 pounds on wheels
- Mobility – travel to meetings in the 4 counties served by Monarch Library System
- Office work environment, with flexibility for partial remote work from home if desired
Wages and Benefits:
- Annual salary: Negotiable based on skills and experience.
- Benefits: An excellent package for full time employee per MLS employee handbook. Including health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation & sick leave, and participation in the WRS State Retirement System.
- Flexible work arrangement includes in-person and remote work, if needed.
Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Director Monarch Library System at the email address: HumanResources@monarchlibraries.org latest by July 10, 2022. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Start Date for the position: July 25, 2022