Library Director Job Posting
Mayville Public Library
111 North Main Street
Mayville, WI 53050
The Mayville Public Library Board of Trustees seeks a community-oriented, innovative and enthusiastic Library Director to administer and lead staff in services, programming, facility maintenance, marketing, advocacy and the building of a new public library.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a minimum of one year’s experience as a public library director or two to three years of public library experience in a related leadership role, with demonstrated performance at progressively increased levels of responsibility. Candidates with equivalent administrative and public service experience in related fields may be also considered.
• Understand current and emerging trends in library operations including customer services, technology and programming.
• Serve as a visionary and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the community and adapting to the changing role of public libraries.
• Hold a Bachelors’ degree or greater from an accredited institution and have or be eligible for a regular Grade II Wisconsin Library Certificate. An MLIS degree while highly desirable, is not required.
• Be experienced in budget preparation.
• Possess knowledge of WI state statutes related to library operations and responsibilities. Attend meetings and participate as a member of the Monarch Library System.
• Be familiar with the general operation of municipal government and leadership; act as library representative and participate in regular municipal meetings and one-on-one with city officials.
• Be politically savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relations with the community.
• Develop staff job descriptions, recommend and administer personnel policies.
• Define expectations for staff performance and provide opportunities for staff training.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board, and community.
• Consult with the Board of Trustees as needed and prepare their agenda and attend their monthly meetings.
• Assist with the building plans and the construction of a new library.
About the Mayville Community
The City of Mayville is located near the Horicon Marsh, centered between Appleton, Madison and Milwaukee, within an hour’s drive of each. Mayville has a history of developing and sustaining innovative industries, and has a number of large industries headquartered in a rural community with a population of 5,000. Mayville has a Foundation that has been very generous towards the Library and they are a very major backer of a new 18,000 square foot library project. We are in the planning phase of the building project, and hope to start construction in the near future.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual starting salary range for this position is $40,000 – $53,000 plus a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, vision and dental, retirement with the Wisconsin Retirement System, optional Deferred Compensation, Sick Leave, Holiday pay and paid vacation after 1 year, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance. This is a full-time position.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Director Job Posting
The West Bend Community Memorial Library and the City of West Bend announce the opening of the Library Director position. The Library Director implements library policies and projects and provides leadership for improving library service to the community in accordance with policies established with the Library Board.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- overseeing all administrative functions of the library
- working cooperatively with the Library Board, by providing administrative support, acting as its executive secretary, and providing monthly reports at its monthly meetings
- developing and preparing the budget for approval
- managing and maintaining the library’s finances
- developing and overseeing a variety of materials and services designed to meet the needs of a diverse public
- supervising staff and volunteers
- implementing personnel policies and establishing work rules
- developing a long-range strategic plan, in conjunction with the Library Board
This position requires a master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited University, three to five years of significant administrative and supervisory library experience, and excellent customer service and leadership skills.
West Bend Community Life:
The City of West Bend is in southeastern Wisconsin. The city is home to the Museum of Wisconsin Art, the Washington County Historical Society Center, UWM- Washington County, Kettle Moraine Technical College, numerous restaurants, specialty stores and family friendly activities. Outdoor enthusiast may enjoy the Eisenbahn Trail for walking and bike riding, the Milwaukee River for kayaking and fishing and beautiful parks, like Lac Lawrann for relaxing and enjoying nature.
One of the most beautiful places to visit is the West Bend Community Memorial Library, a member of the Monarch Library System. The Library and the Monarch System offer so much to the community.
Visit the following community links for more information:https://www.ci.west-bend.wi.us
Starting salary is $70,875/year.
This position is open until filled. EOE. Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to the selection committee c/o Brad Ney email@example.com
There are no jobs at this time.